“Volunteering allows me to be at these awesome events and feel part of it even when they don’t fit in with my current training/competition cycle. Every one of the volunteers has a different reason for being here, but for me, it is about giving back to the sport that gives me so much, and supporting my running colleagues, whether I have ever met them before or not.”
– Kyle, 38
There are literally endless reasons to volunteer at one of our races, but off the top of our head, here are some of our favourites:
- Give back to the running community: These events are impossible without volunteers, so giving up a day or so of your time is an invaluable donation to the sport, and the runners in the race.
- Meet like-minded people. It is in shared experiences like this that new and sometimes lifelong friendships are formed.
- Get outdoors: You may not be racing, but being a volunteer at these events still gets you out there into the natural wonders that the race course has to offer.
- Learn. There are opportunities to learn all sorts, from first aid, to race management, and even
We really appreciate your commitment to volunteer, and we will in turn do our best to make your volunteer experience with us positive and rewarding. In addition, the following benefits are offered to each of our volunteers:
- A pair of 30 South Sunglasses… for you to keep, woohoo.
- Main meals such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Free race entry for the 2022 race, that can be transferred to a friend or family
- When available, an event team uniform to keep.
What would your role be?
The following are examples of volunteering roles, not an exhaustive list. Depending on your suitability you may be asked to fulfil multiple roles over the course of the event:
- Course-marking team
- Information point team
- Merchandise stand team
- First Aid team
- Checkpoint team
- Aid Station team
- Start/finish team
- Registration team
- Event arena/promo team
What else do I need to know?
Volunteering is great fun and we are sure that you will meet interesting people, have some memorable experiences, make some new friends and share many laughs. However, first and foremost the role is to assist the event in running smoothly and at times it will be hard work, the weather may not be what we hope for, and you may be on duty for long periods. So you must be prepared.
We try to keep our volunteer team as balanced as possible, with a good mix of ages, gender and experience. But by far the most important attributes a volunteer can bring are their willingness to help, a good sense of humour and a big smile.
Please note we can only accept volunteers who are available for the full duration of the event.
Get in touch with one of the team.